I have ever dreamed about to have my own personal robot that assist me in tasks when i need help in some way.
So i have started to design a first version prototype to get that dream done.
Also i want to everybody that´s share that dream to get involve in this project in the way they can.
- Software Programming
- 3D Modelling
Mainly it gotta be cappable to:
- Follow the 3 Laws of robotics
- Manages auto charging (solarpanels or electrical net).
- Recognize voices.
- 3D Map new places.
- View and Detect Faces, body complexions, objects, places.
- Remember people, objects, places.
- Bring Objects.
- Store Objects.
- Protect Home.
It´s gotta be a kind of tool but the fact of communicate wth it makes a more personal relationship so i gotta give a name to it, let´s say “Robbie”.
Well, the name is given so go to make a main design to Robbie´s structure.
- It gotta have wheels to move around the place.
- Arms & hands to handle objects.
- Sensors to sense the environment.
- Big Batteries to live longer.
- Solar panel to recharge Batteries.
- Wall electric connector.
For the Brain i gotta make it modular in both versions Arduino and Raspberry PI.
Computer Vision And Senses
For the Computer Vision and senses i decided to use a sort of sensors to achieve good results for relevant tasks as map places and recognize objects and people.
- Ultrasonic Sensor (Measure distance)
- Video Input Camera Sensor (Measure Colors and shapes)
- Infrared Sensor (Measure Heat)
- Humidity Sensor (Measure ambience humidity)
For the Movements i gotta use stepper motors with a nice torque , belts and gears to power up Robbie´s movement and keep them accurate.